Monday, September 9, 2013

DIY Hair Rinse/Conditioner

Never Buy Conditioner Again

What you'll need:
You might say, really? That's it? Yup! I love one ingredient DIY's. Especially ones that work!

What you'll do:

Mix one part apple cider vinegar to two parts water in a squirt bottle (like a hair dye bottle, ketchup bottle, etc.)

Apply to hair after thoroughly rinsing out shampoo of your choice. I apply it liberally and then massage it in. Leave it in while you cleanse, shave, whatever it is you do. Rinse thoroughly.

Notes:

Make sure and tilt your head back to avoid your eyes. Vinegar doesn't feel good in the eyes. I massage it in while my head is still tipped back and I haven't gotten it in my eyes yet. 

Vinegar is naturally cooling and feels great during a warm shower. 

Your hair WILL smell like vinegar when wet, but when dry, it just smells normal.

Your hair will comb out so easily! The comb just glides right through it.

If you color your hair...be aware that the acetic acid in vinegar can make some color leave your hair. For me, I've discovered it puts lovely caramel colored highlights in some strands. I love the effect. For others it may do something different. 

I haven't used anything but AC Vinegar in 2 weeks. My hair is manageable and soft and looks great! See?


Didn't do anything but blow-dry. No fly-aways, no bad smell, and feels fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. The comb out part sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete