Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Homemade Facial Toner

Make Your Own Refreshing Facial Toner

What you'll need:

Container which holds at least 9 oz of liquid
Witch Hazel
1 fresh lemon

What you'll do:

Pour 8 oz of witch hazel into a glass measuring cup
Squeeze half a lemon into the measuring cup
Pour witch hazel and lemon juice into your container
Refrigerate

Saturate a cotton ball or pad with the toner and apply liberally to face

Notes:

The benefits of witch hazel are numerous. It is made from the leaves and bark of the witch hazel shrub. It has been used for as long as I can remember as a facial astringent and a treatment for minor cuts. It is gentle and will not dry out your skin. It naturally cleanses and is safe for sensitive skin. It also is antioxidant and ant-inflammatory. 

Lemon juice is packed to the pulp with vitamin C. C is an antioxidant which will bring increased skin renewal. It is a natural toner and skin brightener. It also feels very refreshing on the skin.

Both products are good for acne prone skin or any skin type.

Don't forget to moisturize and wear sunscreen daily.

2 comments:

  1. Heya! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I needed to ask.
    Does operating a well-established blog like yours
    require a large amount of work? I'm completely new to operating a blog
    however I do write in my journal every day. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and views online.
    Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions
    or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!


    my web blog Pure Natural Cleanser Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does take a lot of work, but I enjoy it. I try to post at least one blog a day, post links to Pinterest, Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter as well.

      That is the computer work part of it. There is, of course, for my blog, the actual work of making things and trying them out. I almost always try things out before posting them, so there is that.

      I'd say committing to journaling every day is a huge thing so you should be able to write a blog as well.

      Some hints:

      Blog (or try very hard to) daily. Readers want regular content they can depend on.

      Keep things simple to understand.

      Hope this helps!

      Amy

      Delete